Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Painter Man

Copyright © 2011 Tryphena Louise Williams

The painter man arrived at my home today
He shared how he painted in a certain way

I happily showed him around my home
Also explaining about why I lived alone

He said, really your windows aren't that bad
With a sigh of relief it made me feel glad

Done with our talking he started to sand
I thought to myself he seems a good man

It wasn't long when he found some soft wood
I asked if he could fix it and he said he would

Lunch time arrived so I made him a hot drink
I asked him some questions, what did he think

Over lunch we discussed some interesting stuff
Being a solo dad for him at times had been tough

I thought to myself how we had come to meet
How life at times can be very bitter and sweet

I'm sitting thinking about the good of it all
For this painter man no job was too small

He arrives each day with a cheery hello
I greet him with a smile then let him go

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart