Monday, September 19, 2011

The Passing of Love

Copyright © 2011 Tryphena Louise Williams

A gentle wind blew the pages of my book
At first I didn't really feel like taking a look

Some pages were memories of happy times spent
While other pages showed the borrowed time lent

A sudden sadness washed through my heart
With tears I recalled every painful part

How I had tried to hold it all together
While the tests seemed to go on forever

Then came the day that changed my life
I became a widow no longer was I a wife

The passing caused the book of life to close
Soul had chosen to rebirth with new clothes

*A husband a father
*A brother a son
*A best friend ever rolled into one

Love passes no judgement

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart