Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Broken Toe :-)

Copyright © 2011 Tryphena Louise Williams

I never noticed you standing by my side
Bilnded by life I had missed your silent sighs

So it seemed some may have misunderstood
Not being able to see the trees for the woods

Many times a message was sent your way
Yet still you chose to simply turn away

Life it whispered time and time again
Not listening to life will only bring pain

And so it was that I did my dash
And broke my toe with a mighty bash

Had I listened as I had heard life say
I wouldn't be feeling my pain today

The lesson learnt was to follow through
And shift the mess when I was guided to

But I knew better or so I thought
So my poor toe was painfully caught

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart