Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Memory

By Tryphena Louise Williams (c) 2010

I looked outside, my door tonight
To gaze upon, a starry night

The moon it shone, so high above
Its golden glow filled my heart, with love

A moonlit night, reminded me
Of the one I loved, and then set free

My thoughts did drift, so far away
Within one's memory, I chose to stay

Sometimes I wonder, why it had to be
That my husband could not, stay here with me

At times I feel, so alone
Within my heart, my thoughts do roam

I understand life, as it needs to be
But the pain I feel, is so real to me

One's love for another, it will not go
Within my heart, his love does flow

I close my eyes, so I may see
His loving eyes, looking back at me

One never dies, we just move on
I cry my tears, within our song

It's not good bye, no not from me
Within my heart you'll always be

My loving sweetheart, for all eternity

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart