Friday, February 19, 2010

Rex Came to Stay with Me

By Tryphena Louise Williams (c) 2010

Rex came, to stay with me
A massive dog, he may be

His nature is, gentle and kind
A more loving dog, would be hard to find

Rex is, so big you see
He could easily, overpower me

But loving commands, strongly said
Rex knows who's boss, when he's lead

He is big and bold, and such fun
As he romps and plays, in the sun

His favorite toy, is a squeaky one
The games we play, like fetch and run

I am so glad, he came to stay
Caring for him, filled up my day

I look outside, to see him there
Lying in the sun, without a care

I call to him, Rex come
His face lights up, as he starts to run

Rex loves me, I can tell
His wagging tail, shows all is well


Photo by Tryphena Louise Williams


No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart