Monday, February 8, 2010

Clarks Beach

By Tryphena Louise Williams (c) 2010

Here I sit, with pen in hand
Ready to write, about New Zealand

What can I say?
It all looks, so good to me
Sitting here, looking out to sea

In this moment, of idle wonder
Thoughts cross, my mind
Will I always live, down under

Sea gulls calling, out for more
As they fly, high above the shore

The sun is burning, down on me
I seek some shelter, under a tree

The beach is covered, with broken shells
Smashed to pieces, in the ocean swirls

Rock pools teaming, full of life
Tiny creatures, hiding from the light

People walking, the beach go by
I lift my head, to say my Hi

Well that's about, all I have to say
Now it's time, to put my pen away

I hope your day, was as nice as mine
Filled with life, of a loving kind

I say good bye, and close my book
I’m so glad I came, to take a look

Photo by Tryphena L Williams

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart