Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Birdies

By Tryphena Louise Williams (c) 2010

I watched a bird, up in a tree
So high above, it was hard to see

It chirped away, its song it knew
Then flapped its wings, and away it flew

I watched it fly, from here to there
Like it was chasing, bugs in the air

Then into the tree, the bird it flew
And there it sat, for a moment or two

I sat and watched, what happened next
When in flew its mate, to inspect

There they sat, as if they knew
This was their tree, then away they flew

As I watched them, fly away
I knew they’d be back, later that day

Mother Nature, knows what's best
I watched the birdies, build their nest

Life is such, a wonder to see
Like watching birdies, in a tree


No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart