Friday, May 27, 2011

A Lover's Match

Copyright © 2011 Tryphena Louise Williams

With pen in hand I started to write
About my day and its fading light

It's cold outside on this dull winter's day
Even the birds have chosen to fly away

The rain is pouring, large puddles are forming
The thunder and lighting, life never that boring

Inside my warm home my fire's ablaze
I'm lying here staring with a mindless gaze

Deep in my thoughts my heart starts to say
Why is your life feeling this way

Looking back outside I wonder this too
Is there something more that I can do

With my pen in hand I start to write
Are you OK, are you feeling all right

Then an inner peace washes over me
Love needs to be free so just let him be

For now ..... but a time will come soon
When true love will finally enter my room

Love has met its match and wow what a catch
You knocked on my and unlocked its latch

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart