Friday, April 1, 2011

My Biography

By Tryphena Louise Williams (c) 2010

I struggle in the face, of me
Not knowing, really what I see

Forced to write, about who I am
Blocks one's heart up, like a dam

I'm not used to thinking, how I am
Yet to submit my poetry, that's the plan

A part of me, it pulls away
Not happy nor sure, of what to say

And yet I know, what I must do
Write about me, the third person's view

How do others see me, what would they say
If asked to describe me, in their own way

So here I sit, with pen in hand
I'm supposed to write, about my plans

Never mind, I'll muddle on through
I would rather write, a spiritual review

I love to write, yes this is true
But prefer the words, a poet's view

That's not going, to pay my way
So best sit down, now what to say

Time is ticking way, I can hear
The date of submission, it draws near

So focus now, it needs to be
I asking life, to please help me



Photo  by Tryphena Louise Williams


No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart