Friday, November 2, 2012

A Nonsense of Thoughtless Sense

Copyright © 2012 Tryphena Louise Williams

What was that thought that passed me by
I wondered breathing with a gentle sigh

Was it a truth of any value worth knowing
Or just a random thought inside me flowing

God I wonder about this simple life of mine
Deep in my thoughts I’m losing track of time

Some say I am wasting my life in this way
Well it’s a lot of hum bug that’s all I’ll say

 Another thought zoomed through my head
Now what was that I thought you had said

Thoughts are like an artist’s painting brush
Painting a traffic jam of a mid evening rush

Too many thoughts can really bog us down
I’ll put up a signpost saying I’m out of town

Hey there thought what’s happening to you
Watch out for what you thought you knew

Thought chuckled away thinking to its self
Maybe you need to ask someone for help

I knew I had heard all this rubbish before
So I kicked my thoughts right out the door

Web Image

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart