Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Child of The Night

Copyright © 2012 Tryphena Louise Williams

At night when the stars twinkled bright
A child would start to sleep for the night

Through the window shone a golden moon
The wee child should be sleeping very soon

The wind it blew the branches in a dance
Shadows appeared for the child to glance

Witches on broomsticks took off in flight
The child was scared of the fading light

The child fought its eyes not to sleep
A tunnel of light the fear of a repeat

The frighten child it was actually me
I feared the tunnel that I could see

Each night my vision it opened wide
The fear it brought the tears I cried

Down the light tunnel I would zoom
In to the light and out of the room

How as a child could I have known
I was soul travelling in another zone

I was frighten I tried shouting no
Please stop it I don't want to go

Sooner or later my wish came true
I didn't understand I hadn't a clue



(web Image)

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart