Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Thunderstorm

By Tryphena L Williams (c) 2010

The clouds they darken, sucking light from day
A storm was brewing, and heading my way

I looked into, the distant sky
To wonder if the storm, would pass on by

Home I hurried, my step now two
The storm as seen, a very threatening view

At home at last, the rain poured down
Huge drops splashing, upon the dry ground

The smell of damp, it filled the air
As the storm it raged, ever so near

The clouds they rumbled, with a thunderous sound
As even more rain, pounded the ground

Our drought now broken, one did not care
As the water it flooded, flowing everywhere

The storm it passed, as quick as it came
My garden well watered, I am so happy it rained


No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart