Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Fox and His Bird

Copyright © 2012 Tryphena Louise Williams

Why don't you come on down here
The fox he said, beaming ear to ear
Look around there's nothing to fear

The bird it fluttered upon its branch
Replying loudly there's not a chance
Safe in the tree it happily pranced

Again the fox tried to coast it down
The fox said look at what I've found
Picking up a stone from the ground

The bird took flight high into the sky
You silly old fox why do you even try
Look and see I have got wings to fly

The fox got mad the cheek of that bird
Once more he called out have you heard
I have a secret but I mustn't say a word

The bird it knew how to play this game
Mr Fox the bird said your story's so lame
I am not flying down so stop being a pain

The bird got bored with the fox's ways
So the foolish fox would go hungry today
That's the end of my poem by the way


(Web Photo Unknown)

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart