Thursday, November 24, 2011

Nobody is That You

Copyright 2011 Tryphena Louise Williams

I would rather be a nobody
Than a somebody abusing power

I would rather be loving
Than create a platform tower

I would rather be giving
Than take what is not mine

I would rather be a listener
Than control another's mind

If you lost your hat of power
How would this feel to you

Would you feel empty inside
Then maybe try something new

Too many leaders put love down
Thinking they own the higher ground

A time will come and they will fall
Because they didn't listen to the call

Show me a leader with love and grace
Power abusers you can see it in the face

I don't want your power to hold me down
Love cannot be held nor will it be bound

With a loving respect you'll know what to do
Then others will be willing to work with you

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart