Friday, July 19, 2013

A Dialogue of Heart


The highlight of my life has been the rediscovery of love
The I of self, be whatever it may be, exists because of it

I am no longer afraid of what dwells in the loving heart
I accept the reality of my short comings, I know I'm free

Perfection was never my quest; I had a yearning to grow
All the shadows of my past pain held my heart to random

I tried for so long to hide my past in many different ways
Yet the shadows of my darkness still clung to my dreams

Time would hide the memories only for them to reappear
So I set the pace of my footsteps to find the way of love

Now I smile at the darkness and say I forgive your harm
With loving forgiveness I banished the darkness within

The beauty of our being is interwoven in a cloak of love
An unconditional acceptance of love changes our hearts  


Copyright © 2013 Tryphena Louise Williams


Artwork by Tryphena Louise

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart