Saturday, October 5, 2013

Breathless

There is a stillness to the night, a sense of peaceful belonging

The sounds are absence of any need of doing, life feels empty
Still yet I can hear this sound, singing within my beating heart

Alone in the room of my night, I wait for the dawning of light
An air of silence is sticky and warm; sleep is not easy to bear

In the sky of night is a golden moon, a swooning love of affair
The darkness of night each breath is without a deed of might

Life is a harmony of balance, dancing like shadows before me
In the stillness of my heart, I sit to ponder the way love flows

Thoughts passing, leaving impressions upon the reality of life
The passage of nights passing brings a wonder of loving light

Copyright © 2013 Tryphena Louise Williams



No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart