Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sleep No More

Beyond the oldest mountain

And the furthest distant star

I’ve sought to find the love
In the howling of the wind

A mighty sound its thunder
What is within all as found

A flowing rivers murmuring
The dancing fragrant flowers

Colorful butterflies flutter on
I’ve looked for love longingly

All my dreams within me kept
My inner calling for love to be

A love within appeared to sleep
Stirring coals of past endeavors

An ancient book of stories told
A fading flower with seeds spent

No longer will I seek for the love
I release all need for its presence

Life is a seed of love given to all
I cannot hold nor can I ever keep

My dreams within no longer sleep
 
Copyright © 2013 Tryphena Louise Williams


No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart