Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Play of Maya


Deep in my thoughts I wondered about life

About where I had been and what I had done

I couldn't seem to reconcile what I was feeling

The outer child wanted to run away from it all

While the inner child seemed at peace with life

The battle raged out of control I was confused

Yet in my heart I knew everything was not real

The Master of Illusion controlled my thoughts

Like a puppet dancing with emotional strings

Fighting back I cut the threads of the illusion

The moon shone from a sky filled with stars

There was a moment of complete darkness

Followed by this deafening shattering sound

I woke and realized it had all been a dream
 
© Tryphena Louise Williams

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart