Saturday, August 17, 2013

Catch a Falling Star

If I stopped dreaming would I fall from the world
Would I wake to discover that I am nothing at all
Worlds of false illusion are spinning around in me
Nothing is solid there's no certainty to the ground
A play of a butcher, a baker and candlestick maker
All these actors on the stage, are any of them real
The emotions are like strings, to feel with knowing
As strangers we walk on opposite sides of a street
The faces pass, some look bitter others look sweet
No rhythm nor reason this life appears incomplete
There's a poet, the piper, a vagabond and the thief
Many moments of passing not one seems to show
The window dressing of life are you ready to know

Copyright © 2013 Tryphena Louise Williams

No comments:

Most Popular Poems

Click to listen

Click to listen
Sing HU to Open Your Heart